Catering and Healthy Eating
Your Monkton Catering Team takes great pride in providing a first class service with fresh ingredients that are locally sourced and prepared from scratch wherever possible. We provide ongoing training to encourage the development of the team and individuals, ensuring the best possible standards of food production, hygiene, safety and customer service.
Monkton Combe School takes considerable pride in the quality and variety of our food offering, placing emphasis on the pastoral and social benefits or eating together as a community. We prioritise the significance good nutrition has on growing, developing and active children as well as for their long-term health and well-being. The School recognises the wider benefits its purchasing volumes can bring to our local community while minimising our carbon footprint.
The School environment can have a significant influence on the health behaviours of children and young people, including their food choices. Therefore, Monkton recognises its important role in educating our pupils in the importance of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, providing healthy and nutritious food and consistent health messages.
We take the nutritional requirements of our pupils and focus on the provenance of the ingredients used to create high quality, freshly prepared dishes. We have combined these principles into our own ethos of fresh, modern, British cookery using sustainable, honest and local ingredients.
To achieve this in a practical sense we employ a team of knowledgeable and experienced chefs to prepare nearly 95% of all the food we serve on-site from fresh ingredients. We train all our staff in special diets, healthy eating and food safety in order to provide a high quality food service provision in an appropriate manner and safe environment. All this means you may rest assured your child is eating fresh, local and honest food.
We are an active part of our family of schools, welcoming any opportunities to support the curriculum by holding relevant theme days, cookery demonstrations and workshops and actively encouraging healthy food choices through nutritional messages in our dining rooms.
Our termly menus will be uploaded here for you to view the selection of dishes on offer. If you have any suggestions or questions relating to Catering at Monkton, please contact Leah Hobson at [email protected].
Our ethos . . . Fresh, Modern, British Cookery
- We actively encourage healthy food choices through menu design and nutritional messages.
- Local suppliers are used wherever possible and carefully selected for their high standards.
- We cater sensitively for individual requirements including allergies and special diets.
- Our dining halls are sociable spaces offering service with a smile.
- We use only lean, high quality meat that can be traced back to source.
- Menus are created by experienced chefs taking into consideration the School’s culture and locality.
- We firmly believe in teamwork, employee development and continuous improvement.
- We respect our environment and are committed to catering responsibility in all aspects of our operation.