The Pool Lifeguard qualification is recognised universally as the Industry Standard for jobs in the Leisure Industry. On the successful completion of this course an individual can apply for jobs in the UK and Ireland Lifeguarding.
The NPLQ training will take place over five days followed by an Assessment on the weekend. The course has a mixture of practical sessions as well as theoretical elements.
Are you assertive, eagle eyed, 16 or over, and a people person?
Can you swim 100m on your front and back, 50m in 60s, surface dive, and climb out without steps?
If so, this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for!
Our next NPLQ will run from Sunday 22nd October 2023- Friday 27th October 2023.
Email or Call for Bookings and/or Queries
Pre-requisites to attaining your RLSS lifeguard Qualification:
- Must be 16 years of age prior to the Assessment date.
- Be able to jump or dive into deep water.
- Swim 50 metres in less than 1 minute
- Surface dive into the deepest part of the pool
- Swim 200 metres continuously, 100 metres on your front then 100 metres on your back.
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Climb out of the pool unaided.
The course covers the following content:
- Practical rescue skills, and pool supervision.
- Provides you with an understanding of water safety and pool emergency procedures.
- The principles of pool Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plans.
- The Lifeguard and the Law.
- Practical and Theoretical CPR.
- First Aid Skills.
If you can bring these items along with you:
- Swimsuit, Tee Shirt and shorts (to be worn in the water), and a towel.
- Poolside clothing for dry side training.
- Note pad and pens.
- Your lunch and refreshments.
For bookings, attain further information, or if you cannot find the course you are looking for or would like more information about a particular course, you can contact us on the following: