Find where you need to be
You can download one of these maps for detailed instructions about how to reach Monkton.
Monkton Senior School directions
The Senior School is situated in the heart of Monkton Combe village approx ¼ mile from the A36 turn-off.
PARKING DIRECTIONS on arrival at MSS
Welcome to Monkton Senior School. We have restructured our parking arrangements for the start of 2019. Please note the following instructions:
• There is now NO PARKING in the school quads and these are closed to all traffic except at the start and end of terms when parents of pupils in School and Farm Houses have restricted access to deliver and collect luggage.
• There should be NO PARKING along the road through the village between Grange and Slade cottage as the road is too narrow and cars parked there mean that delivery and emergency vehicles cannot get through
• PARKING is available in the following car parks on the northern side of the campus: GOVERNOR’S FIELD and MUSIC CENTRE. Both of these can be accessed from Church Lane. Governor’s field is the new car park you see on your left as you approach the village from Brassknocker hill. To reach the Music Centre car park you turn left immediately before the Wheelwrights pub in the centre of the village and then after 20m left again and drop down into the car park.
• PARKING is available in the following car parks on the southern side of the campus: SPORTS CENTRE, ASTRO TURF and LONGMEAD. These car parks are accessed via the ‘Clank’ road which is found by continuing down Brassknocker hill to the traffic lights, turn right then left towards Bradford on Avon. 50m on the left turn sharp left onto the ‘Clank’ and proceed along this road past the playing fields with LONGMEAD car park on the right. Continue on to access the SPORTS CENTRE and ASTRO car parks.
• When we hold large events we will use some of our playing fields for additional parking but this will be dependent on ground conditions. Car parking officials will be on hand to direct when this happens.
Monkton Prep and Pre-Prep School directions
The Pre-Prep and Prep Schools are situated in Combe Down a mile from the centre of Bath.
Nursery Pre-Prep and Prep School
The entrance for Monkton Nursery, Pre-Prep and Prep is directly accessed from North Road, and is very close to the entrance to Shaft Road. There are signs from North Road indicating the school entrance. Turn down the drive at the signs and follow the driveway to its end. You will find the Nursery and Pre-Prep on the left at the bottom of the driveway with parking directly outside. Parking for the Prep is alongside the driveway and immediately outside the Sports Centre. If you are using SatNav please use postcode BA2 5DL.
Sports Ground directions
If you are coming to watch a rugby or cricket match on our Longmead Sports Ground, please use the postcode BA2 7JD to obtain directions. Do not enter Monkton Combe village, but go through the A36 traffic lights and turn in the direction of Bradford on Avon (B3108). Follow the large sign which takes you under the viaduct.
Please proceed to the end of the lane past the pitches on your left and park adjacent to the Knights Sports Centre or astro pitch. Do not park on the lane.
Please note that all Year 7 and Year 8 cup matches will take place at Monkton Prep and not at the Senior School.
Parking is at the far end of the car park by the astro pitch.
How to find us
Directions to Longmead