Priding itself on high standards of musicianship
Music forms an important part of the curriculum at Monkton Prep, not just in the classroom, but on stage, in Assembly and Chapel, in individual music lessons of which there are over 200 each week, in performance and in instrumental and theory exams. The School and the Music Department pride themselves on high standards of musicianship with some children even being ready for Grade 8 as they finish Year 8.
It is the aim of our Director of Music to:
* Encourage all children to participate in musical activity irrespective of ability.
* Generate an interest in and knowledge of a unique art form.
* Convey a sense of enjoyment through a wide variety of activities.
* Develop the innate musical ability of every child.
* Develop the critical faculty of every child through the presentation of as wide
a range of style and genre as possible.
* To ensure familiarity with some notation.
* To encourage instrumental lessons.
* To develop skills of Listening, Performing and Composition at all levels.
To find out more about Music at Monkton Senior School, please click here.
To arrange a visit, or for any other enquiries regarding admissions at the Senior School, please contact our Head of Admissions, Mrs Carole Heritage on 01225 721 133
To arrange a visit, or any other enquiries at the Pre-Prep and Prep please contact Nicky Davis on 01225 831 238.
Give us a call:
Tel: +44 (0)1225 721 133
Or send us an email:
firstname.lastname@example.org for Senior School enquiries
email@example.com for Pre-Prep and Prep enquiries
Alternatively, to request a prospectus, please use our online form:Click here »
MONKTON COMBE SCHOOL BECOMES FIRST INDEPENDENT SCHOOL IN SOUTH WEST TO SECURE SOIL ASSOCIATION SILVER AWARD
Pre-Prep Pupils at Monkton Combe School celebrate becoming the first independent school in the South West to receive a Soil Association Silver award, with Soil Association Certification Officer Mark Machin and Steve Brown, Palmer & Howells General ManagerRead more »