First regatta of the season sees a flurry of firsts for Monkton
Thursday, 01 January 1970
Year 11 boys winning the open fours category after 3 very hard races.
The first regatta of the season The Bristol Avon Regatta held at Saltford proved to be a truly cracking start for our rowers. Monkton kicked it off with 4 wins and 4 second placings.
- The beginner girls won there first ever medal. Winning 2 races against strong club competition.
- The J16 boys won open 4's with storming wins over Pangbourne , Avon and Clifton College.
- Victoria Brown won ( again ! ) in her single scull.
- The senior boys won the J18 boys 4's trophy for the second year running.
- Our second places were also worth a mention Hugo and Aubrey in J14 doubles won 2 races to make the final only to be beaten by a very good pair from Marlow.
- The J15 double of Flora and Chrissie did very well to conquer the nerves and win the first race. Im sure these girls will be ones to watch in the future.